Palmgloss is an organic dietary supplement designed to provide the essential fatty acids, carotenoids and natural vitamin E essential for the everyday wellness of your birds.
Palmgloss is ideal to use as part of your Parrot’s daily diet. The Organic dietary supplement provides your bird with essential Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, carotenoids and Vitamin E, that Parrots need to maintain good overall wellbeing and a healthy immune system.
Other natural, active ingredients in this food help produce shiny skin and plumage, reduce dry and itchy skin and feathers, provide an energy boost for young and unwell birds and are a source of Vitamin A that also supports the immune system and helps your feathered friend maintain good vision.
Palmgloss can be used in conjunction with most complete foods, hand-rearing foods, egg food and seed mixes that your Parrot is already eating. See details tab for more information on how your Parrot can tuck into their Palmgloss.
Benefits of Palmgloss® through its natural active ingredients:
- Dietary source of essential fatty acids Omega 3 and 6
- Providing increased levels of vitamin E, one of the body’s natural antioxidants, an essential part of the body’s immune system
- By increasing the availability of the correct forms of oils it is beneficial for all aspects of the skin and plumage, including dry and flaky skin and dull or brittle feathers
- Supplies a variety of natural carotenes such as beta-carotene, the precursor of essential vitamin A
- Inactivation of bacteria, viruses and fungi, while also supporting the body’s natural defences
- Medium-chain fatty acids as a readily available energy source for weakened and young animals
- Organic Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil (country of origin: Colombia)
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (country of origin: Sri Lanka)
- Organic Wheat Germ Oil (country of origin: Germany)
- Organic Perilla Oil (country of origin: China)
Please note that the manufacturers of Palmgloss are strictly against the destruction of the rain forest in South East Asia for the purpose of cultivating fast-growing palm oil plantations. The organic palm oil in Palmgloss comes from sustainable organic farms in Colombia.
Directions for use:
- Palmgloss is liquid at room temperature
- Shake well or stir carefully with a plastic soon before use
- Mix with your animals’ daily feed (10ml to 450g of food). 10ml is equivalent to the enclosed measuring spoon
- Palmgloss can be added to a bag of Harrison’s Bird Food, 10ml per 454g/1lb (see photos). The food can then be returned to the bag and the daily amount fed as usual. Once Palmgloss is added the food should be consumed within 8 weeks as per usual. We recommend squeezing the air out of the bag before closing and keeping the mixed food in the fridge between feeds
- For individual feeding, add 2-3 drops daily to the food of a 30g-100g bird and 0.4ml –1.0 ml daily to the food of a larger bird (weighing 400g – 1000+g)
- Can be used to make Harrison’s Bird Bread
- Once placed in the fridge, the consistency of Palmgloss changes and so it can be spread on a piece of fruit, vegetable or Harrison’s Bird Bread
- Use within 1 year of opening
- White spots may form in the Palmgloss® due to the different temperatures at which the various ingredients go solid. This is NOT a quality defect. It is a proof that Palmgloss® is a mixture of different not refined oils in extra virgin quality grade. At temperatures over 35°C the white spots dissolve completely but may reappear if the Palmgloss® is stored below 20°C.
- Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Weight: 0.25 kg
- Best-Price: Best-Price